Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Two Pitchers, Please.

I've ingested so much water today. My naturopath would be proud... What's my secret, you ask?
Well;

1. Get home from a sleepover with your GF KG at around 10 o'clock. No later, no earlier.
2. Change into a shredded Jurassic Park shirt and dance shorts, opting for comfort rather than actual clothing.
3. Watch a few episodes of Friends while eating footlong Subway sandwich.
4. Get bored of Friends, fill water jug, bring to coffeetable.
5. Commence the cycle of drink, pour, drink, pour, drink, pour, refill.
6. Continue cycle while playing Assassin's Creed II.

This is the only sequence of events that has led me to drinking enough water in a day.
I think it's a good thing, too, because I'm in an awkward stage of cleansing and rebirth that isn't quite intense enough for me to do focused therapeutic writing or meditating, but I know it's there.
There are definitely somethings inside myself that need to be put to rest, though I can already feel the strengthened current of God's energy coursing through my ever-cleaner channels. I'll get there one day, and hopefully one day soon.

I'm frequently thinking about getting my eyebrow pierced and my belly button pierced, and I feel as though I should direct my attention to why. Maybe I've grown bored with my appearance, but I know better than that! I should learn to take care of myself and lend more energy to health than aesthetics. Even with that in mind, I can't shake this strange craving. Is it a craving even if it doesn't involve food?

The pearl barbell is, yes, strictly aesthetic I believe. Maybe pearls have some energetic properties I'm yet unaware of, but I like it because it's pretty. I want pearls on my face!
The belly ring is more of a dual pretty/functional piercing... I wanted to get a belly button ring with a semi-precious stone in it to perhaps keep me grounded during my ever-so-often fainting spells. My body type, I have heard, is prone to airy-ness and physical instabilities. Flighty spirit, I guess you could say. :) Advantages and disadvantages, always, but I digress.

In order to restrict this self-centered and perhaps somewhat vain trend to as short a time period as possible, I would like to have one day in the near future during which I will get my two piercings, and get a haircut. However, the time leading up to this 'Day of Decorative Transformation' will be cluttered with thoughts and anticipation. It seems silly to spend so much time thinking about little bits of metal in my skin and my hair an inch shorter, but I believe there's a symbolism that has to do with metamorphosis or something like that...

Perhaps I need to admit to myself that my transformation into a butterfly isn't determined by when I decorate my body. Yes, I think I do.

Ah, whaddaya know? Blog therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment