Saturday, March 26, 2011

Pheonix

Hah. Pushing back against the sadness by having hope. Suck on that, emotional oppression - if you want to stick around, that's fine, but let's talk this out instead of you just leaning on me. You're too heavy; come sit down with me in my living room. I'll work with you, and you're valuable in your own way. I guess you must feel really underappreciated, huh? 'Cuz very few people want to be sad. I'd feel shitty too if noone wanted me. But you know, sadness, I believe you have a purpose. I believe you have a season and a place, and I thank you for that. Thank you for driving me to realize the value of what I feel I've lost, not in a sad way, but so I will appreciate and cherish my memories and the tools I've gained. Thank you for being there to wash me out with my own tears, and to keep things moving. You're tough to take, sometimes.

But I'm sure your brother will be along any minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment