Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Odd Sensations.

After two days of solitary confinement, I'm to be let out. Hopefully. I still feel pretty shitty. But I want to go out. I am alright with suffering the symptoms and near-future consequences, but the only thing I'm wary of is getting others sick.
I'll just have to not breathe in peoples' mouths or butterfly kiss anyone.

'Cuz, y'know. I do both of those things so frequently.

So much gorgeous music has been trickling into my life via the internet. Too bad I don't have iPod speakers or headphones for my iPod. But I shouldn't complain, because there are starving children in Africa who don't have those things either. Perspective is key.

I think this illness is warping my mind! I wouldn't be surprised in the least - I've spent 2 days watching Friends and doing crosswords and making odd poultices for my eyes because my antibiotics ran out. White cabbage and echinacea powder. Oh and castor oil. It's been quite enlightening. Especially taking the internet's advice and putting lemon juice in my eyes to clean out my tear ducts. That was like an eye-hug. From FIRE.

I've resorted to putting chamomile tea and honey in my eyedrop container. It's like Eastern medecine masquerading as Western medecine. Oh man, don't you love it when concepts just personify themselves to shit in your mind? I do. It's involuntary. Like breathing, if breathing sent your thought processes spiraling into insanity.

Today I opened the window and smelled outside, and it was amazing. It smelled GOOD. The fresh air greeted my sinuses warmly. I guess when it's been a while, old friends must reconcile. Absence makes the (nose) grow fonder. I am crazy.

Do you ever get nervous at the most inopportune times? Like when you have to make a decent, respectable first impression, or do a presentation that requires the correct pronunciation of obscure, complicated words. Adrenaline is a funny thing, and that good ol' sympathetic nervous system really knows how to knock you on your ass. At the best of times.

No comments:

Post a Comment