Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Veggie Breakfast Burger

I sit here with next to zero responsibility.
Literally, I have the bare minimum duties of
1. Existing
2. Cleaning up after myself
3. Adhering to the basic natural laws (e.g: Gravity)

...and I might even bend that last one. I have no plans today. I have no plans tomorrow.
The possibilities are so endless that it makes me feel a little trapped. Isn't that bizarre?
I prayed for God's guidance this morning, so I didn't end up wasting my time on the computer when I could just as well have gone for a nice walk, or cooked dinner for my family.

...

Just kidding, I'm getting off the computer as soon as I finish writing this.
I suppose this is what I wanted when I decided against signing up for more classes at Langara. But I can tell you one thing for certain: It definitely isn't what I had in mind. I thought I'd have to evade endless time-consuming activities, such as XBox or movies, but I can honestly tell you that they do not hold much appeal to me. It's rather unusual.
The things I'm drawn to doing include reading and dreaming and drawing and dancing. I have a funny feeling that I'm going to experience a sort of spiral effect. Not the 'spiralling downward' thing that some people may have in mind when I say that, but instead, I'll have another go at making amends with solitude. With everyone being busy and whatnot, I'll be left on my own for a while. It's going to be interesting to re-learn who I am outside of those other contexts. It's happened before, but that was definitely not by conscious choice.

It'll be fun.
But you know what's more fun than contemplating the future?
Breaking the pattern of wasting the present.

See ya. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment