Thursday, January 13, 2011

I Don't Want To Set The World On Fire

I am infinitely frustrated. This will pass in a matter of minutes, I'm aware, and perhaps it isn't wise of me to blog in this small stretch of time, but oh well. It's happening.

I am entirely baffled by testosterone. Utterly perplexed. Hormones in general have such an effect on people, and it's one of the purely natural things that is so influential in everyday life. I say this for a variety of reasons, as sort of an umbrella-observation and disguised complaint. It's improper for me to share the intimate details of my family life, but I feel as though I have about as much power against the effects of puberty as a seaweed does on the tide. It certainly is an interesting time, and the perfect opportunity to test and build my patience. Fun stuff - I hope I don't murder anyone.

Gosh, the momentum of everything is just unforgiving, is it not? I have such a tendency to get caught up in life, that I get a bit lost while trying to make sense of it all. It seems senseless to try to make sense, when the most sensible thing to do is succumb to God. Why do I try so hard to understand? Even in that distressed question, that word that drives and halts me stands solid. "Why?"

I may seem helplessly depressed, but I'm honestly not. I never really am either of those things; helpless or depressed. It's just the rhythms of life that shake these words out of me once in a while. Again, this may not have been the best time to blog, but does it really matter what other people think of you? I'm just a human with a cat on my lap and something to express.
Sue me.






No comments:

Post a Comment