Saturday, January 1, 2011

Off With a Bang

"Oh, no. Here she goes again, whining to the internet with vague and vaguely sarcastic metaphors, never really hitting her point and essentially just vomiting text and emotion onto a web page. Why is this even necessary? Why do you actually put the extra effort into posting these paragraphs online instead of writing them in a journal?"

To tell you the truth, I don't know. There's something rather satisfying about the word 'publish', however. I can say whatever I want in my written journals, but I'm the only one who ever reads them, and thus they are only ever subject to my judgment and my reflection.

I'm wrapped in a blanket.
I'm wrapped in a dryness that's making my face feel tight and my lips chapped.
My eyes are begging for a break, and my heart feels like a mug full of water, spilling over the rim.
I have to go to bed now.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment