Friday, August 26, 2011

Skinny Dipping

I had quite a productive day today, I think.
I wrote and mailed, along with a DVD of my drawings, musings and music, my letter to Chris Lowell. I left my dress with a seamstress so she could fix it, I learned about the cleanse my mum is on and will set an appointment with my naturopath for Monday, and then we went to the beach.

I was a bit sad at first, because the tide was in and I thought it would be too cold to swim.
We went to Crescent, however, and it was quite warm. I waded into the water with my bathing suit and tie-dye shirt on (I'm shy) and walked quite far out. It was so beautiful at dusk... Every movement I made created a ripple that reflected the light of the setting sun. It was like being on a different plane - God was smiling at me from the pinks and oranges of the horizon, and the water was warm and comforting. People were watching me - a child even yelled, "Girl! You'll sink!" So I turn and shouted, "I can swim." And his mother laughed.

I was out there for a while before I decided to take my bathing suit off - I could hear the people on the beach, but couldn't see them at this point. I figured they wouldn't be able to see me, either. I tied my suit and shirt around my right ankle and began to play in the tiny waves.

After about a half hour, I put my clothing back on and began to swim back. It was getting cold, and darker. About halfway back I turned around and saw something pop up out of the water - a person, I thought? It bobbed back down and then up again with the agility of a seal, and I was both frightened and in awe. It had been watching me, and now she knew I was leaving.
I got back to the shore and my mum said she had come over to me from elsewhere before watching me play in the waves - this is a heart warming sign. I asked for joy yesterday, and tonight the incarnation of joy and playfullness came to watch me dive in and out of the water. So much love. I pray that I feel it with my heart instead of simply knowing with my head that it is a beautiful thing.

Thank you for tonight. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment