Sunday, June 26, 2011

Your Song

I hope you don't mind,
I hope you don't mind...

I just watched an episode of Veronica Mars, and Piz straight up kisses Veronica. My heart exploded, I'm actually effected by this. It so helplessly reminiscent of grade seven, when I'd listen to a love song and become so inspired that I would conclude I was in love with whoever, and that I should run to their house and tell them.

What I didn't realize, was that I would not have gotten the anticipated response. A grade seven boy who had just been told he's loved would likely not kiss me and hold me and vow to be my lover and protector. He's say, "Uhm... I think that's weird..." and canter awkwardly away.
Maybe one day, I'll grow up enough to properly estimate who will receive me as I expect.

I wonder if I'm the only one who feels like the world is so big and messy. It's bothering me, I feel congested. Maybe it's just this corner of my room - my tv was here before I rearranged things. Nothing makes sense... I'm just listening to Keane, thinking about how messy the world is. Messy and big. Man, it's sunny outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment