Thursday, June 2, 2011

Cat's Eye

In my dreams, lately, I have been spending a lot of time crying and bleeding.

Last night I cut my thumb at a party, but the dark red blood was flowing and falling from my hand at a rate that scared me. My lifeblood could not be contained or supressed by the thin cloth of my shirt. I bled on the floor and on the people who were fighting to get me bandaged.

I cried, too. Someone, a girl, saw me as beautiful and brought me to a toy store that didn't exist as part of a celebration for her niece. The girl chose a stuffed rabbit. The image of her surrendering love to the toy made me burst into tears and run.

There was another dream, when a madman realized he had control over the elements - they obeyed because his heart was in harmony with them. He showed this to his friends, to their joy. Fellow 'superheroes'... and when someone came to him in fear, telling him what he was doing was wrong, he caged the man in twigs so he would calm.

So now - back in my body and somewhat exhausted from the sleeping, I laugh internally at myself. My hair is wavy and wild, my guards are down and I'm wearing a Snuggie improperly. I would like to get my blood tests done today, however I feel vulnerable. Though I want to be alone, I don't want to face a prodding needle without someone there. I'll stay home.
I don't want to see anyone today.

No comments:

Post a Comment