Saturday, June 4, 2011

Priscilla Ahn

Once I was a little girl, alone in my little world
Who dreamed of a little home for me
I played pretend between the trees,
And fed my house guests bark and leaves
And slept in my little bed of green.

I had a dream,
I could fly from the highest wing
I had a dream

Long walks in the dark,
Through woods grown behind the park
I ask God who I'm supposed to be
The stars smiled down on me
God answered in silent reverie
I said a prayer, and fell asleep

I had a dream,
I could fly from the highest wing
I had a dream


Today I don't feel heavy.
I still feel broken and weak, but I was able to smile today because I know this is simply a remodeling. He told me so himself. I have so many guardian angels. I have the tiger, dog, dragon and gargoyles who guard me as I sleep;
The archangel in my dreams who was trapped in a room with me - and every time he spoke to me, the agents killed him. But he kept coming back to listen.
The busker at the station who sang Bob Marley at exactly the right moment... My naturopath, the woman at Tim Hortons who called me sweetie.

Then there's one more. Don't doubt that you know who you are. You always know. You just don't want to admit it, Earth Angel.

I think it would do me some good to go dancing and sweat some of this stuff out... I just don't know if my heart can take it.

Thank you, God. I thought I had fallen back into a void, but I only now have realized that you've lifted me up... and it is the Earth that has fallen away from me.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment