Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Sweetheart Palpitations

This saccharine poem was inspired by a lucky penny.
But not actually 'cuz that's a metaphor. Moving on.

Now this may sound a little odd
But these are modern times
And I happen to have found myself
In an intriguing little bind.

All women wish
To be the miss
With the most dapper man to kiss
But me, my wish
I must dismiss
Before it slips out from my lips.

I looked for the gent who stole my heart
And a healing man, I found
I stood my ground when I heard his sound
'Twas the gentlest laugh around.

Here is my dilemma, friend
And you needn't do the math
My situation is dire, because...
I've a crush on my naturopath.

Don't get me wrong, it's all good and nice
When he raises my wrist to place the ice
And he smirks at my jokes about my diet
And notices when I seem too quiet.

My heart races when he checks my pulse
As if I'm being pursued
My palpitations are rather erratic
And I think he's quite confused.

Acupuncture's got the greatest eyes
And the strongest, soothing touch
I never thought I would enjoy
Getting stabbed with needles so much.

Needless to say, I've gone astray
I just can't seem to focus on Friday
And before we check temp
I must convey
How much I appreciate you caring this way.

I'm grateful for the thermometer
Inhibiting my tongue
I don't want to tell you all these things
My heart's so naive and young.

My knight in shining dress shirt
With you stethoscope, adorned
This lovely rose with an N.D
Simply has no thorns.

A conflict of interest, maybe
But darling, that's a secret
I promise it won't interfere
As long as I can keep it.

I'll miss you when you're gone, good sir
You've been such a kind friend to me
Through countless bad days
And a diverse array
Of ailments and injuries

I hope to see you again, dear friend
And I hope that it's quite soon
And if you'd like me to visit, too
I'll be extra clumsy-
Just for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment