Sunday, February 27, 2011

Well, Duh.

...to put it rather eloquently.

The truth should be obvious.
Not only to us, but to others. But is it really ever that clear?
I don't know. Well, I do know, for myself at the very least.
I know that my truth isn't always clear. But maybe that's not its fault. Maybe it's totally mine.
Maybe it's not very clear to me because I'm so damn human.
Maybe it's not very clear to me because I have this arsenal of blockades that I put up.
Blockades like a fear of confrontation (why?), like a lack of confidence (why?), like an anxiety that other people might disagree with me (so?) or stop liking me (really?).
Maybe it's not very clear to me because I latch onto things. To be fair to myself, however, I believe it's normal and healthy to, you know, care about things.
Things and people.

So when I say the truth should be obvious, is that not the truth?

And when I say the truth should be obvious, then I ask, "Is that not the truth?"
I, myself, would say, "Well... yes, I suppose I agree with you. But really I don't think it's as simple as all that."

And maybe that's true.
But you know what else is true?
A lot of things.

I think it's entirely true that sometimes I get really fed up with this boundary thing, in all contexts. I don't like that when I'm interested by the girl sitting across from me on the bus that I can't just ask her what her name is and if she wants to hang out sometime. It's not a crush thing, either, but in that situation people tend to make assumptions. Is that the truth?

I also think it may be true that I yearn to walk through all that unmarked snow and leave my footprints behind. I also think that two sets of tracks looks better than one. It's all about symmetry and it's not an emotional thing in the least.

That last sentence wasn't the truth.

So you see, even though I am aware of my truths, why can't they manifest? Why can't I speak them? Why can't I truly have a free heart, the way the characters in the books I read do?
I think the truth to that is that maybe I'm scared. Why?
It all circles back to fear - which is the root of the things I listed above, and many more.
So tonight, I pray for release from that. It's like I have a set of rainbow-coloured wings that are actually made from millions of multi-coloured diamond fragments and I'm trying to fly away from the pull of gravity but there's a sandbag tied to my right ankle. Cut that cord, please.

I just want to dance in the forest.

No comments:

Post a Comment