Monday, February 7, 2011

Post-It Notes?!

That's honestly what it took to launch me into a new season?
POST-IT NOTES?!

Perhaps I should have known.
Let me explain...

This morning, I woke up.
It was pretty rad.

The second day of my Special Week, as I have come to call it, and I'm feelin' comparatively good. As good as one can feel whWELL ANYWAYS, I sat and drank tea with my mother. Last night I had confided in her about my life troubles, so this relaxed conversation in the living room was one of vision, anticipation. I had begun talking about applying for jobs, and how I feel as though I may be struck by guilt if I don't go out today and start handing out my resumes. We sipped, we chatted, and my mother came to the conclusion that, "Look. You're not feeling well, and you're room's a disaster." And I was like, " : Your point being?"
And she said, "Let's just say that this week, you clean, you rest, you get better, and then next week you get out there." And I was like "Deal." But, still, internally unsatisfied.
Then, out of nowhere, my mother offers me a proposal: I take on the cleanliness of the house, and she will

A) Give me $100/mo. that I'm not allowed to touch [For my travel funds]
B) Take me shopping at Value Village to rejuvenate my wardrobe
and,
C) Give me $15/week for spending money.

So we mentally ran through what needs to be done, and I must say, this vision is stoking my motivation and coming together nicely. So, hopefully, in two months, my house will be clean, I'll be $240 into saving for travels, the inside and outside of the house will be spotless and well-maintained, and I will be an accomplished little Molly Maid.

Also, I might get a skinny hipster bike to take grocery shopping and to the gym.
So I'll be ripped.

No comments:

Post a Comment