Monday, June 16, 2014

I am enamoured.

I heard the sky growling and it startled me,
I jolted. I didn't see the lightning because my
lights were on.

how funny.

a conversation where I pretended I didn't
 want to be somewhere else -

she was saying come, come out,
let's make love.

I was already wet when I stepped out into the rain.

I stood at the edge of the field, ever-cautious
one boot missing a lace, in fleece pyjamas -

I can see the eyes through which she saw me then
and I looked
adorable.

suddently struck by the fear of being struck
by lightening -
paralyzed, shivering

I wondered
how it would feel.

to be lit on fire
to by touched by the sky
in a moment so tiny and large.

I wonder if anyone would believe I had been touched.
that I had managed to attract such a high-class lover

I bet you I could walk around, charred, bleeding
hair on end, and panting
and people still wouldn't believe me.

I am enamoured.

the field called me out,
told me where to touch her.

and so I crept, apprehensive but
unrelenting, to her centre.

trees stood witness as I lay down.
I spread my arms and legs and
looked up at the sky.

a blaze of light,
and rolling, growling thunder to the East.
I grinned.

I wasn't alone.

the raindrops, many and mischievous
patted my body. lightly,  playfully,
but they wouldn't let me open my eyes.

"Take pleasure," they said - "feel this. Don't look."

and so I didn't,
and I stopped shivering,
and I felt the earth under me.
and I felt the curve of her body against the arch of my back,

and I am enamoured.

I sat up, I ran my fingers through her hair,
and they got tangled.
I tugged her head back and kissed her neck.
another roll of thunder, like purring,
and I am hers.

on the way back to the house, I lean up against a tree,
bury my face into the musky chest hair,
press my body up against him.
I am your lover, I am your lady.

I could have come just like that, with my arms around him.

I walked back into the house like a drunk from having kissed the world
so sweetly.






I do love thunderstorms,





No comments:

Post a Comment