Monday, December 5, 2011

Revert to Reverb

I can't stop thinking about you. Sometimes, I don't try very hard to, mind you.
There's still the fire in my belly, and I think it's left over from that time I tried to clean me of the imprint you left - the painful, leftover kind - not the wonderful experience we had together, kind.

This will likely pass within a week or couple days, but right now I just really miss you. I'm not even really mad anymore because that feels like part of the past - in every right, you should be part of the past, too, but I have dreams sometimes in which you are my present and future. It's bizarre.

The strangest thing about all of this is: I'm alright. More than alright, I am so happy with my life, and who I am as a person. I've reached a new level of fulfillment and have so much motivation and ambition and potential that I'm always moving. I haven't fallen on my bum to cry about anything in a long, long while. It's a beautiful feeling, getting into the flow. This emotion, this remembrance, is part of it. A friendship that wasn't really a friendship that got intense and tangled, and then separated as abruptly as it was thrown together - condensed and contained into two separate people and two separate lives. Still so far apart, but in sync with the paths we may be on - exploding from the cocoon in a flurry of transformation and transcendence. In our ways, yes; in our own ways. Always individual, but so connected. Maybe that's what I feel.

I am not sad. This is not sad, anymore, but it's anticipation that one day we might get to dance circles around each other again. As strange as we may be to each other now, as scary as this all may be, you've gotta admit. It was fucking awesome.

Nothing but love, I send to you. The rest of my emotions are my business to sort.

No comments:

Post a Comment