Friday, December 24, 2010

I Do Believe It's Christmas Eve

It's an interesting day for plans to change on a dime; now I have no idea what to do with my evening. My original Christmas eve was going to be spent at my Dad's, but due to the fact that sleeping space is tight, I'll be spending the night at home with my mother and brother.

One would assume that family activities would fill my night, along with general holiday festivities. But it's raining, I have a headache, and none of us really feel like playing the modern-day-traditional game of Monopoly whilst sporting Santa hats. My brother's occupying his computer room, and my mother has spontaneously decided to renovate the main floor of the house, and I'm pretty sure that (on some level) I'm using the computer to reach out to anyone else who may want to interact on Christmas eve. Not like people will be with their families, or anything.

Literally, my mom is periodically asking us if she can burn documents of ours that she's found lying around. The room smells like symbolism and detoxification. My cat's on my lap, hanging her head off my thigh and staring at the floor. Maybe she's dozing. Maybe I'm dozing.

Once in a while I'll look out into the night and my thoughts will float to a Christmas party or something, and part of me yearns to go to one. Not sure why, seeing as I have a headache and am generally fatigued. *insert distressed cussing here*

Talk to you later, internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment